An attorney who is petitioning for reinstatement may be required to provide a letter from the Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security, which letter indicates that the attorney does not have an outstanding obligation to the Fund. In order to receive such a letter:
- The attorney must request such a letter in writing (the request should not be submitted by a third party on the attorney’s behalf); and
- The request must set forth the attorney’s full name, current mailing address, and Pennsylvania attorney ID number. The request should indicate that the letter is being requested in conjunction with a Petition for Reinstatement.
The request may be:
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- faxed to 717-231-9511; or
- mailed to P.O. Box 62585, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106
There is no fee associated with this request.
Typically, the responsive letter will be issued within 24 to 48 hours of receiving the written request. If you do not receive a response to the request within five business days, please contact the office at 717-231-9510 or 1-800-962-4618.